Cahiers Péguy

20Jan/111

Giotto’s Crucifix

giotto crucifix

"Formerly in the sacristy for 84 years, this monumental work is now back in the Florentine church for which it was painted in 1310-1315, after a careful 8-year long restoration by the Opificio delle pietre dure (OPD) which has restored the luminosity and brilliance of its colours and glazes, its volumes and its modelling."

The return of Giotto's Crucifix

  • Share/Bookmark

About clairity

Sharon Mollerus is an editor (ilsussidiario.net), writer (peguy.net) and photographer (clairity.org) but mostly a Grandma-on-call.
Comments (1) Trackbacks (0)
  1. Yes!


Leave a comment


No trackbacks yet.